Earlier this year ZIMSEC announced its Zimbabwean dollar (ZWL) examination fees for 2022. Now the public examinations board has introduced examination fees for Grade Six, Grade Seven, Ordinary Level and Advanced level candidates who are writing in November later this year. Just like with the ZWL fees the government will pay 55% of Grade Six and Seven examinations for public school students. They will do the same for Ordinary Level candidates up to seven subjects. Private candidates and candidates at private schools will be required to pay their full fees.
It also seems like these new fees will now supersede the old ZWL fees announced earlier this year. Students will now have to pay the fees in ZWL at the prevailing willing buyer willing seller rate of the day.
The 2022 examination fees are pegged against the USD. However, parents and guardians are advised to pay the fees at the prevailing interbank rate, as of 22 July 2022, which will be communicated by ZIMSEC to all centres.
Payments in USD are not to be made or accepted by school/centre heads. Parents and Guardians must make payments at their respective centres during the period 22 July to 29 July 2022.
|Examination Level||Candidate Fee in USD||USD Portion to be paid by the Government||Total Fees in USD|
|Grade 7 (2022) (Termly fees For ALL subjects)||$10.00||$12.00||$22.00|
|Grade 6 (2022) (Termly fees for ALL subjects)||$5.00||$6.00||$11.00|
|Ordinary Level (Per subject)||$11.00||$13.00||$24.00|
|Advanced Level (Per subject)||$22.00||$26.00||$48.00|
A few things to note
- Fees cannot be paid in cash they are only payable in ZWL at the prevailing rate of the day
- For practical subjects, you will be asked to pay double the fee you normally pay for that level
- You will also pay additional fees for CALAs
- Registration will take place between 22 July to 29 July 2022. Schools normally close registration early for example when they run out of centre space or to give them time to meet the ZIMSEC deadline.
- There will be no June in 2022 examinations
- There will be no late registrations for November 2022
Leave A Comment