|USD:ZWL ZIPIT/Bank||6 900.00|
|USD:ZWL Swipe||6 900.00|
|Black Market Sell Rate||6 900.00|
|Black Market Buy Rate||6 300.00|
|USD:ZWL OneMoney||6 300.00|
|USD:ZWL Ecocash||6 300.00|
|USD:BOND or ZWL Cash||4 000.00|
|USD:ZWL Bulk Auction||5 252.66|
|USD:ZWL RBZ Auction Rate||5 252.66|
|USD:ZWL Willing Buyer Willing Seller||5 382.87Official|
|Maximum Rate Businesses Can Use||5 921.1548|
|USD:ZWL Mosi oa Tunya Gold Coin Rate||6 264.44|
|USD:ZWL eGold||6 265.62|
|USD:ZWL Skrill||6 900.00|
|USD:ZWL Bitcoin||6 900.00|
Last Updated on Thursday 28 September 2023 at 11:05:08 Central Africa Time
- If you need more rates involving the ZWL and currencies from other parts of the world you can see up-to-date rates involving the ZWL versus 190 rates here.
- The Gold Coin Rate is the rate at which gold coins are being sold in ZWL versus the USD price they are selling at on a given day
- On 8 May 2022 willing buyer willing seller rate became the official rate in Zimbabwe supplanting the Auction rate.
- Electronic transactions attract a tax of 2% this is known as the Intermediated Money Transfer Tax (IMT Tax)
- Businesses can use a rate that is within 10% of the prevailing willing-buyer willing-seller rate
- Our site is about informing you about the latest prices we have never dealt with, are not dealing and will never involve ourselves in black market deals.
Something important to note
NB Our rates are there to help you navigate and make sense of prices offered in some shops which either a high rate e.g. Tuckshops, Pharmacies or deduce the implied rate used by some shops to set their prices based on what they sell their products in USD for in their online stores and ZWL in brick and mortar stores. It should not be used as a guide to the black market.
This should not be used as some magical guide to the world of illicit foreign currency trading. We are more interested in the prices of various items than anything else and will continue to focus on that aspect.
Wholesale Bank Auction Summary Tuesday, 26 September 2023
|Amount Allotted||US$18 693 948.80|
|The Highest Rate||$5 305.00|
|The Lowest Rate||$5 200.00|
|Lowest Accepted Rate||$5 252.66|
|Number of Bids Received||20|
|Number of Accepted Bids||19|
|Number of Bids Allotted||19|
|Number of Bids Disqualified||1|
Tuesday, 26 September 2023 Auction Summary
|Details||SME Auction 0||Main Auction 151|
|Amount Allotted||US$0.00||US$1 123 944.44|
|The Highest Rate||$0.00||$5 305.00|
|The Lowest Rate||$0.00||$5 200.00|
|Lowest Accepted Rate||$0.00||$5 200.00|
|Number of Bids Received||0||20|
|Number of Accepted Bids||0||19|
|Number of Bids Allotted||0||19|
|Number of Bids Disqualified||0||1|
Tuesday, 26 September 2023 RBZ Foreign Currency Allocations
|Purpose||Amount Allotted SME Auction (US$)||Amount Allotted Main Auction (US$)|
|Raw Materials||US$0.00||US$391 921.75|
|Machinery and Equipment||US$0.00||US$230 878.25|
|Consumables (Incl. Spares, Tyres, Electricals, etc)||US$0.00||US$157 183.97|
|Services (Loans, Education, Dividends, Disinvestments, etc)||US$0.00||US$236 196.24|
|Retail and Distribution (Incl. Food, Beverages, etc)||US$0.00||US$84 585.82|
|Pharmaceuticals and Chemicals||US$0.00||US$8 732.67|
|Paper and Packaging||US$0.00||US$14 445.74|
|TOTAL||US$0.00||US$1 123 944.44|
Highlights from the Tuesday, 26 September 2023 Auction
- A Grand Total of US$1,123,944.44 was distributed through the auction during the week of Tuesday, 26 September 2023, which is US$409,994.10 more than the US$713,950.34 distributed from the last auction on Tuesday, 19 September 2023
- Officially, the Zimbabwean dollar lost value by $237.2279ZWL as it moved from $5015.4279 ZWL:1 USD to $5252.6558 : 1 USD
- There have been 151 main auctions and 140 SME auctions since the auction system began
- The average rate is to be used with caution. Please read our explanation on why the rate is to be treated as a rough guide rather than used for internal calculations
- Reasons for disqualification include things like the need for the foreign currency not being on the RBZ's priority list, the bidding company having what appears to be enough foreign currency in its account(s), companies that seem like they are externalising etc.
- What all this means is that demand for foreign currency still far outstrips supply and
- Some people/entities who wanted foreign currency were not able to get it
- More often than not these entities find a way to get that foreign currency as failure is not an option.
- The data published by the RBZ shows that the bulk of forex trading takes place on the forex auction
- However, this market is not yet open to individuals who earn RTGS and are in need of forex for example:
- Individuals who want to pay their pay-TV subscriptions which are only payable in USD- in one year the RBZ provided that showed that almost US$100 million was being spent on this
- Individuals looking to pay fees for themselves or their children in foreign universities
- People who want to import vehicles and other goods and services for themselves
- Informal businesses whose import needs are not in line with the foreign currency priority list
Other Things to note
- There is an undeniable link between prices in Zimbabwe and the black market exchange rates which a lot of businesses, including retailers and manufacturers use to compute their prices.
Foreign Currency-Related News
The Zimbabwean government recently passed Statutory Instrument 129 of 2023, which implements notable changes around […]...
Employees of parastatals in Zimbabwe, such as the Grain Marketing Board (GMB), the National Railways […]...
In the dynamic realm of the Zimbabwean economy, constant fluctuations create a challenging environment for […]...
The Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe’s Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU) recently directed financial institutions to unfreeze […]...
On Monday the Zimbabwe Stock Exchange (ZSE) had to institute a trading halt on its […]...