Latest Grocery Prices on Tuesday, 05 July 2022
|Product||Price OK Supermarket ZWL$||Price OK Supermarket USD$ (Estimated)|
|All Purpose Cleaner 750ml||$899.99||US$1.63|
|Bath soap Geisha 225g||$540.00||US$0.98|
|Bath soap Jade 250g||$540.00||US$0.98|
|Bath Soap Sona||$540.00||US$0.98|
|Beans Dried 500g||$820.99||US$1.49|
|Bleach/Jik 750ml||$1 677.99||US$3.05|
|Bread Bakers Inn||$635.99||US$1.15|
|Candles 6pack 450g||$1 039.99||US$1.89|
|Cereal (Cerevita) 500g||$2 029.99||US$3.68|
|Cooking Oil 2l||$3 190.99||US$5.79|
|Creamer 1kg||$1 999.99||US$3.63|
|Diapers 50||$4 589.99||US$8.33|
|Dish Washer 750ml||$782.99||US$1.42|
|Drink Bally House||$1 279.99||US$2.32|
|Drink Mazoe Original 2l||$1 450.99||US$2.63|
|Drink Soul Sip||$799.99||US$1.45|
|Eggs 30||$2 899.99||US$5.26|
|Flour 2kg||$1 599.99||US$2.90|
|Kapenta 1KG||$5 079.99||US$9.22|
|Kapenta 500g||$2 238.40||US$4.06|
|Lotion/Cream Camphor 300ml||$1 229.99||US$2.23|
|Macaroni 3kg||$2 147.99||US$3.90|
|Matches pack of 10 boxes||$314.99||US$0.57|
|Mayonnaise 750g||$1 331.99||US$2.42|
|Mealie-meal 10kg||$3 940.00||US$7.15|
|Mealie-meal Refined 10kg||$4 450.99||US$8.08|
|Milk 1l||$1 669.99||US$3.03|
|Peanut butter 375ml||$648.99||US$1.18|
|Petroleum Jelly 300ml||$1 184.97||US$2.15|
|Rice white/Long grain||$902.99||US$1.64|
|Sanitary Pads 10s/8s||$889.99||US$1.62|
|Scouring powder 500g||$155.99||US$0.28|
|Shoe polish 100ml||$1 374.99||US$2.50|
|Shoe polish 50ml||$737.99||US$1.34|
|Soup Usavi Mix 50g||$298.99||US$0.54|
|Stasoft Refill (500ml)||$1 960.99||US$3.56|
|Sugar 2kg||$1 079.99||US$1.96|
|Surface Cleaner 750ml||$784.99||US$1.42|
|Tea 100 tea bags||$717.99||US$1.30|
|Thai Rice 2kg||$1 011.99||US$1.84|
|Tinned beans 410g||$344.99||US$0.63|
|Tinned fish 155g||$593.99||US$1.08|
|Tissues (Pack of 4)||$527.99||US$0.96|
|Toilet Cleaner 500ml||$829.99||US$1.51|
|Washing Powder 1kg||$1 507.99||US$2.74|
|Washing Powder 2kg||$2 174.99||US$3.95|
Last Updated on Tuesday 05 July 2022 at 7:05:15 Central Africa Time
- USD equivalent prices are automatically updated by our system based on the prevailing market rates.
- A price of $0 ZWL does not mean the item is free. Rather it just means we couldn’t find the item we were looking for.
- We branches of all the three major supermarkets including:
- TM/Pick N Pay
- Prices of most items are usually within 5% of one another. Where the prices seem too different it is probably because different brands of the item were surveyed in the two shops being compared. We look for the cheapest but most popular brands. We don’t always look at the cheapest brand for example:
- Nurse tissues are among the cheaper brands but they are not the cheapest. They are the cheapest widely accepted brand. Other cheaper brands are frankly rubbish.
- We look at Sunlight, Surf and Maq when it comes to the cheapest washing powder brands, however, we don’t normally include Brilliant although it is the cheapest brand out there. Housewives just don’t like or buy much of it with packets spending months on shelves.
- We only include real white/long grain rice but don’t include broken white rice although it is cheaper.
- For popular items, we list separate items, for example bread, dilutable drinks and bath soap. We don’t do this for items such as matches and candles. Most people just buy matches without really caring about which brand it is.
- Also, the prices of fresh veggies tend to vary wildly between supermarkets. IF you are looking for the price of vegetables see our Mbare Musika Price Survey results
Something to note
Despite repeated denials by both government and businesses, there is still an undeniable link between prices and black market exchange rates.
Gain Cash And Carry Prices
A word about inflation
Zimbabwe’s prices have been going up since 2018. This coincided with the introduction and rise of both the bond notes and RTGS dollar which were essentially the Zimbabwean dollar(ZWL). The government finally admitted this in February 2019 and passed laws marking its return in June of 2019. Over the years various “official rates” have been used. We had an interbank rate, then a fixed rate, then an auction rate and now the willing buyer willing seller rate is the official rate. All rates, past and current can be viewed by visiting this page.
Grocery News Updates
Pay for your order