|Item||OK||Choppies||FoodWorld||PICK N PAY|
|Cooking Oil 2lt||24.99||25.69||24.25||27.49|
|Self raising flour 2kg||20.65||20.99||21.99||21.99|
|Petrolium Jelly 300ml||28.29||27.45||24.25||23.99|
Things to note
- These prices were obtained from our latest survey of the most popular Harare CBD supermarkets-prices on the outskirts and in other towns might differ slightly but these prices are a useful guide of what to expect
- We only considered the cheapest item from most popular/reputable brands:
- Bath soap is the price for Jade which is cheaper than Geisha which sells for around $9.50. We didn’t consider Sona for example which is usually cheaper but may not be acceptable to other people
- For mealie-meal, we considered roller meal. Red Seal was the cheapest in most shops.
- For tissues, we considered a pack of 4 1 ply white tissues. We made sure they were white in each case and not the ones that crumble in your hand.
- Rice we considered white rice: Mega was the cheapest in all the cases. We have tasted the stuff it is a good brand.
- For green bar soap, we considered the cheapest soap bars even if they were not green. Brilliant bars are especially cheap
- For Mazoe we went strictly with Mazoe although generally other brands were either cheaper or more expensive depending on the shop
- Macaroni is Mega Macaroni because it was the only one available in all the shops!
- Washing powder is Sunglight which was consistently cheaper in all the shops
- Toothpaste was Colgate 100ml
- Salt was iodised table salt
- Petroleum Jelly it was Elegance
- With self-raising flour it was Gloria and others. Flour is in such short supply you should be grateful when you get it.
Pay for your order