|Item||OK||Choppies||FoodWorld||PICK N PAY|
|Cooking Oil 2lt||24.99||25.69||24.25||27.49|
|Self raising flour 2kg||20.65||20.99||21.99||21.99|
|Petrolium Jelly 300ml||28.29||27.45||24.25||23.99|
Things to note
- These prices were obtained from our latest survey of the most popular Harare CBD supermarkets-prices on the outskirts and in other towns might differ slightly but these prices are a useful guide of what to expect
- We only considered the cheapest item from most popular/reputable brands:
- Bath soap is the price for Jade which is cheaper than Geisha which sells for around $9.50. We didn’t consider Sona for example which is usually cheaper but may not be acceptable to other people
- For mealie-meal, we considered roller meal. Red Seal was the cheapest in most shops.
- For tissues, we considered a pack of 4 1 ply white tissues. We made sure they were white in each case and not the ones that crumble in your hand.
- Rice we considered white rice: Mega was the cheapest in all the cases. We have tasted the stuff it is a good brand.
- For green bar soap, we considered the cheapest soap bars even if they were not green. Brilliant bars are especially cheap
- For Mazoe we went strictly with Mazoe although generally other brands were either cheaper or more expensive depending on the shop
- Macaroni is Mega Macaroni because it was the only one available in all the shops!
- Washing powder is Sunglight which was consistently cheaper in all the shops
- Toothpaste was Colgate 100ml
- Salt was iodised table salt
- Petroleum Jelly it was Elegance
- With self-raising flour it was Gloria and others. Flour is in such short supply you should be grateful when you get it.
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, click here to enter your query.