There has been a number of complaints in recent days as several organisations have failed to get Tax Clearance certificates from ZIMRA. The process is supposed to be now automated. Those who tried to get in touch with ZIMRA also got the response that ZIMRA represantitives were also failing to access the sytem on their end. The tax authorities have assured stakeholders that their technicians are working to restore full functionality. In the meantime organisations are deemed to have valid tax clearance until January 2021.
Below is a statement from ZIMRA on the issue
PUBLIC NOTICE ISSUANCE OF THE 2021 TAX CLEARANCE CERTIFICATES [ITF263] AND FISCALISATION
The Zimbabwe Revenue Authority (ZIMRA) notes and regrets the challenges that our valued clients are experiencing in accessing (ITF 263) tax clearances on the e-services platform. Our ICT team together with the service providers are working flat out to rectify the challenges and ensure a smooth flow of operations. In order to facilitate business operations and allow for adequate time to rectify the technical challenge being encountered, ZIMRA would like to advise the public that all registered clients are deemed to have a valid tax clearance up to January 2021.
In the meantime, clients should continue updating their accounts with ZIMRA and are reminded that in order for tax clearance to be issued:
1. All VAT registered operators should fully fiscalise for multi-currency with their invoice/receipts showing currency of transaction and their devices interfaced with ZIMRA servers. Please note that the devices should be configured to show:
o transactions done in local currency ZW$
o transactions done in foreign currency like the USD.
Where clients have devices that cannot be configured for multicurrency, different devices should be configured to show either of the above requirements,
2. All tax affairs i.e. submission of tax returns, tax payments and master data information must be up to date and
3. Clients who do not meet the above requirements should approach their Regional ZIMRA offices and agree on a plan to comply with the requirements before a tax clearance is issued.
Meanwhile, for ease of communication and resolution of any tax clearance related issues, clients are advised to submit their issues to the following email addresses:
1. Large Client Office (LCO) – [email protected]
2. Medium Clients Office (MCO) -i[email protected]
3. Small Clients Office (SCO) – [email protected]
4. Region 2 – [email protected]
5. Region 3 – [email protected]
Public Notice Number 01 of 2021.
Leave A Comment