Recently the Zimbabwean government announced the 2022 nurses intake. As has become the norm, this year’s intake will be through e-recruitment where prospective candidates apply online for the job. One thing that is likely to dampen the mood is that the Ministry of Health requires you to upload certified copies of your certificates. They will not accept results slips. This probably means that those who wrote their examinations last year are automatically excluded as certificates are not yet out.
Formal employment opportunities are few and far between in Zimbabwe. The easiest way to get a job is to become a civil servant. One of the most coveted jobs is to become a nurse because if you do become a trained nurse, you can always leave our troubled shores for greener pastures in the UK or other countries with a functional economy. It is not surprising that when the government recently announced the 2022 nurser training intake, there was a lot of excitement. If you are one of those people who are interested in becoming a nurse you need to follow these steps in order to apply.
First, make sure you meet and have all the requirements
- You must be aged between the ages of seventeen (17) and thirty (30) years on the date of commencement of training which is 5 September 2022. To be clear candidates should not be less than 17 years and not more than 30 years by 05 September 2022.
- Your results must have been obtained in no more than two sittings with full certificates as Examination Result Slips are not accepted
- You must have a minimum of 5 Ordinary Level passes with symbol C or better including English Language, Mathematics and a Science subject plus any other three subjects, excluding Practical Subjects Except Agriculture
- You must have certified copies of birth certificate, National ID, Academic certificates and Marriage Certificate if you are married. You must bring these documents to the selection interviews if you do get shortlisted.
- You must also bring Original Certificates on interview day for certificate verification
- During the application process, you will be asked to pay an application fee is RTGS $500.00(Using Paynow Merchant). This means that you must have this money in your Ecocash/OneMoney wallet during the online application process.
The online application process
- Visit http://enurse.mohcc.org.zw:8084/enurse/
- You will be presented with a page with the requirements we listed above. Make sure you have what you need and click on the continue button.
- You will be presented with a page that asks you to either log in or sign up for an account. If you have already signed up before you can log in using your username and password otherwise sign up for an account.
- Follow the prompts and make sure to read the requirements of each step carefully before responding.
NB. You can always reach out to the Ministry of Health for help if you need assistance with the process. They are available on the following numbers. +263714734593, +263774112531, +263242730273.