Governments in various parts of the world from China, ground zero, Iran, Korea and Egypt are battling the coronavirus and stop it from becoming a pandemic. Experts suspect that a lot of infections are flying under the radar. But what are the symptoms?
Symptoms of coronavirus
- It starts as a fever followed by a dry cough
- After about a week the patient starts to have shortness of breath that might require treatment in a hospital
- It is very rare for the infection to cause sneezing and a runny nose
- According to the World Health Organisation (WHO) the incubation period (period after which one gets sick after they had been infected) is 14 days although the Chinese say it can be as long as 24 days
- You can be infectious/spreading the virus even if the you are not yet sick
According to WHO who based their findings on 44 000 infections:
- 1-2% of those who contract the virus die
- 5% become critically ill and need hospitalisation
- 14% develop severe symptoms
- 81% develop mild symptoms
It is not known whether those who recover after an infection become immune or not or how long this immunity lasts.
Is there a cure?
No, although the infection has been said to respond positively to ARVs and chloroquine.
Pay for your order