Zimbabwe’s international and domestic remittance markets are overcrowded. When one wants to send money from one town to another or to some village for that matter there is no shortage of choices. The same applies when it comes to sending money to Zimbabwe from the diaspora. One of the most recognised names in that name is Mukuru. There are many reasons for that and now there is another one. You can now get Mukuru cash in the comfort of your own home.
How does this work?
If you want to cash out your from Mukuru in the comfort of your own home you need to follow these steps:
- Take note of your order number and voucher number. These are sent to you via either SMS or WhatsApp when you receive money from someone
- Save the number +263780253488 into your contacts
- Open a new chat in WhatsApp with the number
- Send a message that says Hi to this number
- A bot will ask you for your Voucher and Order number
- Once you have successfully followed all the prompts a Bereka rider will be dispatched to your given address
Just like with Dial A Delivery you will be charged a service fee of $2 each time you use this service. The service is only available on weekdays from Monday to Friday between 8:00 AM and 3:30 PM. The service currently covers Chitungwiza and Harare.
A brilliant idea
This is a brilliant idea that many people will no doubt welcome for a number of reasons. While Mukuru has the largest number of outlets thanks to their orange booths and agent network they can always use more ways for customers to collect. No one, especially not in Zimbabwe, wants to stand in a line waiting to collect money. Then there is the risk of robberies. Receiving money in the comfort of your home is way safer and more reassuring rather than from some crowded booth in a place like Mbare where thieves or even robbers might seek to disposes you of the money.