Ever since our first article on how account holders of various banks were having a hard time utilising their Covid-19 allowances, several banks have been taking positive steps to make the experience easy. One such bank is FBC Bank. First, they introduced a way for their account holders to use WhatsApp and email to liquidate funds. Now they have introduced a mobile banking option that will allow customers to quickly convert their allowances even on phones that don’t have internet.
How to liquidate my Covid-19 Allowance using FBC’s mobile banking?
- First you have to be an FBC customer with two accounts: A Nostro account into which an allowance was deposited and an FBC ZWL Account
- Dial *220# to access the mobile banking menu
- Select Option 1- Banking Services
- Then Selection Option 2- Transfer
- Then Selection Option 3- Own Account Transfer
- Then Selection Card
- Select USD Account
- Select ZWL Account
- Enter the USD amount you want to liquidate
- Select Confirm
- Your liquidated funds will now appear into the ZWL account. This process should be automated.